I stepped into the bookshop and breathed in that perfume of paper and magic that strangely no one had ever thought of bottling.
I may be a woman, Sir William, but if I choose, I have the heart of a man! I am my father’s daughter. I am not afraid of anything.
I want a dress the colour of suffering.
Well hello! Since its that time of year where everyone at some point this winter has come down with some sort of cold, scratchy throat, stuffed nose/sinuses, etc. I’ve decided to publish my personal “cure-all”.
Its not so much of a cure all as it is a “got tons of good stuff for when you’re sick” all. Here’s what’s in it:
1. Take your biggest mug/jar (I like using mason jars because of the lid)
2. Slice one whole lemon into thin slices, about a half of a cm, and into the mug/jar.
3. Honey. A good two to three large spoons full. If you don’t like honey, put less, if you don’t mind, put more. The point is honey.
4. Peppermint tea. Or ginger, or ginseng, but I find peppermint the best. Ginger though will help with nausea. (So maybe shave/shred a little in instead).
5. Hot water! Let all of the ingredients steep, and bring out the oils/ flavors.
6. (Optional) Splash of Whiskey ;) Alcohol disinfects kinda right? It also can help you to relax and get that much needed rest, and I basically took this off the idea of the hot toddy. :)
WHY THIS STUFF?
Lemon and honey is great for clearing out and cleansing your throat especially when honey is a natural anti-bacterial. Also the reason why you slice the lemon whole and let it steep (instead of just juicing) is to not only get the lemon juice, but the oils in the rind of the lemon.
Peppermint tea is also incredibly good for your throat and sinuses as it is known to be an effective decongestant. Think about Vic’s Vapo rub right? It is also great for your digestion probably helping out with any nausea.
OTHER STUFF: Feel free to add different amounts of real ginger or even cayenne pepper, the ginger as said helps with nausea and the cayenne pepper is also great for clearing your sinuses!
So now that you are fully prepared, happy winter and feel better!
Isn’t it odd how much fatter a book gets after you’ve read it several times? As if something was left between each page every time you read it, feelings, thoughts, sounds
There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.
I want her, he realized. I want Winterfell, yes, but I want her as well, child or woman or whatever she is. I want to comfort her. I want to hear her laugh. I want her to come to me willingly, to bring me her joys and her sorrows and her lust. His mouth twisted in a bitter smile. Yes, and I want to be tall as Jaime and as strong as Ser Gregor the Mountain too, for all the bloody good it does.